01 September 2009

FAMILY!

August was the month of travel and visiting family. We kicked it off with a trip to LA. Scott went to a training class at UCLA and Dylan and I went along too. The best part was that my Nana & Papa drove to join us for the trip. We spent most of the time playing at Westwood Park while Scott was in class. It is the best park I've ever seen. With climbing gyms for all ages equivalent to over 10 ABQ parks. We also went to the Santa Monica Pier and lots of great restaurants. Thank you so much Nana & Papa for making the trip and for watching Dylan so we could enjoy dinner and a night out for our 5 year anniversary!

Just 3 days later we took a trip to Camas. Unlike LA, where I failed to take any pictures (sad I know. What kind of Mom am I?), we took lots of great pictures. Here are pictures of our trip highlights:
Playing with Nani & Pops at the park

Golf!
Apparently it is never to early to start. Uncle Michael helped Pops cut an old putter to Dylan's size.

Boat rides.
This meant water skiing for me! I even tried wake boarding, but me jumping over the wake is pretty lame after watching Michael soar through the air.


Next we all headed to Rockaway Beach on the Oregon Coast. It was great to spend time with Uncle Michael, Aunt Mandy, Nani, and Pops.

At the beach Dylan ran straight for the water. Chasing waves was a great game.

Family photo Op


When we got back from the beach we made a trip to the County Fair. Dylan took his first pony ride on a horse named Cowboy.

Checking out the animals at the petting zoo.

During our trip we also got to spend a little time with my Gram & Gramps, Aunt Julie, Uncle Craig, & cousins Courtney & Alexa. They all drove down from Bellevue to visit. Gram was even able to sing Dylan to sleep for a nap while I golfed with the guys. Thanks Gram!

It was a great vacation!

Three days after we got back from WA. Scott's family flew in for Jim & Erica's wedding (Jim is one of Scott's brothers). It was so fun. Our new house was packed with Grandma & Grandpa Connors, Aunts: Sue, Chris, & Maureen, and cousins Kelsey & Lisa. We had so much fun visiting with everyone. It was like a big family slumber party. On top of the fun wedding events we had a family pool party at our house the day after the wedding. We hit the record with 20 people in the pool at once. Even Grandma Connors was in on the fun.

Congratulations to Jim & Erica!

See I told you FAMILY, FAMILY, and more FAMILY. Boy are we Blessed! Thanks everyone for a fun and eventful month. Now back to work...

No comments: