10 September 2009

17 Month Update

Today Dylan is 17 months old. He is growing up so fast! Just this Wednesday, at a free kids music class trial that we went to, Dylan ran around mingling with all the other moms and kids and ended up sitting on the teacher's lap. He has started to be quite independent at times. This was one of the first times that it hit me that my baby is not so much a baby anymore. His other latest tricks include climbing on everything, refusing to sit in a high chair (luckily we have a travel high chair that attaches to a chair so he can sit and eat at the table like Mom and Dad), wanting to eat and drink everything that we do, and copying sounds and gestures we make. So far the words he says that we recognize are Mom, Dad, dog, up, sock, Pop (for grandpa Pops), rock, duck, yes, kiss, and boom. In addition to these he babbles constantly with exaggerated head movements. We've fallen behind on our Dylan updates, but hopefully I can convince Scott to put together one of his awesome videos for an 18 month post.

This picture is of Dylan Dancing at Uncle Jim & Aunt Erica's wedding a couple weeks ago. He's hard to get pictures of lately because he is always on the go.

Other updates: I am teaching a Nutrition class again this Fall at UNM on Monday and Wednesday evenings. It is going so much better since this is the 2nd time I've taught the class. I also work at the hospital one day every other week. It was a little crazy the first week, but overall I'm enjoying the balance of work and home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dylan looks so grown up in the new photo! What a handsome little guy! It sounds like the Connors family is doing great!