24 February 2008

32 Weeks

The Connors household has been through a whirlwind of changes over the past few weeks. Scott is making progress on the nursery and it is nearly ready to move furniture in. I am so excited! I will let him give you the details in his nursery stories since he is such a wonderful storyteller. Last weekend my Dad's parents, Gram & Gramps, came to visit and shared some helpful decorating pointers and helped us get closer to finishing the nursery project extraordinaire. This week we also had the carpets cleaned and an electrician installed wiring for overhead lighting in our office and a ceiling fan in the nursery. We managed to pack all this in with prenatal/gym exercise classes on Tuesday & Wednesday nights and childbirth education classes on Thursday nights. Whew!!!

Tuesday of this past week we received good news at our ultrasound. We had the ultrasound because our midwife was a little concerned about the growth of the baby due to measurements being small for my due date. However, we learned our baby boy is growing well and weighs about 3 lbs. 12 oz. and is positioned well for delivery, with his head down. He was hiding, facing my back, so we were not able to get any pictures of his face to share. I have check-ups every 2 weeks now until 36 weeks, at which point we will meet with the midwife every week until the end. This final stretch of pregnancy is difficult but is also very exciting. One of my favorite parts is watching my belly shimmy anytime he kicks or rolls around.

Next Saturday is our baby shower. This is super exciting news for me because my parents will be in town, along with both of my grandmas! Scott and I had fun registering at Babies R' Us and Target but it honestly took me awhile to get over the intimidated and overwhelmed feeling I got when we first walked into the stores. Babies R' Us in particular carries a vast array of baby things and contraptions that will soon be a part of our lives, with everything from bouncers to butt paste.

Back by popular demand... here are a couple of recent belly shots, one from 5 weeks ago and one from tonight. Scott and I can't believe I was ever measuring small. What do you think? People keep asking me if I ate a watermelon or basketball and Scott says I look like a kangaroo with a little Joey in my pouch because my stomach is all baby right now.

27 Weeks

32 Weeks

3 comments:

Michael and Mandy said...

Crystal you look beautiful! We wish we could come see you for the shower. We can't wait to be an aunt and uncle! You'll have to tell us all about the shower.

Loves,
Mandy and Michael

Anonymous said...

You look fantastic!

Robin said...

You look great Crystal! Almost there!