03 September 2008

Everyone's A Lobo...Woof, Woof, Woof!

For those of you who are not from New Mexico, the UNM chant is the title of this blog. I thought it was fitting being that I started back last week as Professor Connors, teaching two nutrition classes, Dylan spent a few hours tonight with Cousin Ashley in her apartment on campus while I was teaching, and Scott is going to be a guest lecturer for an engineering class later this month. So as you can tell the University is yet to see the end of the Connors Crew.

For me working again has been a big adjustment. It has been a lot of work to prepare lessons during the day during any spare minute I have while Dylan naps. The hardest part is staying focused on a task with multiple interruptions throughout the day. I know... all you mom's out there can relate...welcome to motherhood. Despite the challenge, three nights a week when class starts I remember why I enjoy teaching nutrition.

The experience for Dylan (AND especially Cousin Ashley) was not as enjoyable. First, mom had to wake him from his nap to get to class on time, and then his tummy hurt and he refused to take a bottle. Needless to say it might be a little soon for Dylan to be heading off to college. Thanks to Ashley for doing so well calming Dylan and enduring the meltdown!!!

With the exception of tonight, Scott has been going into work super early so that he could be home in time to be with Dylan. It has been great for Dylan to get more Daddy play time while I teach. However, we are still adjusting to our extra early mornings. Despite the big adjustments we have made as a family these past few months, we are truly blessed to have Dylan in our lives. We love that little guy so much it is hard to imagine our life ever being complete without him.


His First Lobo Gear!!!

3 comments:

Maternal Mirth said...

Tell Ashley to sing "Little Bunny Foo-Foo" for Dylan. Tell her Sara said it'd work. She'll giggle :-)

sarah said...

i'm so happy to hear how your little family's doing! he's lookin' good in the lobo gear.

Anonymous said...

Just thinking of you all....