13 May 2008

Baby Pool Results!

I am very sorry for the tardiness of these results. I wanted to come up with a suitable calculation that would properly weight all of the questions and reward people for getting close to the right answer. Crystal and I certified the formula and then calculated the final results. Here are the Top 10 finishers, of which the top 3 will be getting surprise prizes in the mail when I get around to it. The maximum score possible was 750 and the average was 462. The complete results (with 44 entries!) are posted on the bottom of the right side bar, below the Dylan age counter. I posted the formula we used in a comment to this posting if you are interested in that geek stuff.

Baby Pool Top 10
1. Jon Capron 674 (amazing!)
2t. Sara Vanderhei 610
2t. Paula Lomax 610
4. Jeanette Flattley 590
5. Megan Krebs 585
6. Laura/Pete Robertson 580
7. Melanie Connors 560
8. Sherry Spencer 550
9. Crystal Connors 545
10. Katie O'Neill 540

I would also like to point out that Crystal was the only one who guessed the correct date and will also be receiving a special prize. For those of you thinking that she held out until the 10th just so she could win the pool, think again. I can verify first-hand that she did everything in her power to deliver him on the 9th. :)

Thank you to all who participated. We really enjoyed it.

3 comments:

Scott said...

Formula for Pool Results

G = guessed
A = actual

300 - 20*abs(G - A date) +
200 - 10*abs(G - A ounces) +
100 - 20*abs(G - A inches) +
25 if Yes for hair +
75 if Blond hair +
50 if AM

In the first three terms, if the result is less than 0, then 0 is used instead of the negative number.

Here are the poll answers:

1. April 10
2. 7 lb 9 oz
3. 20.5 in
4. Yes, Blond Hair
5. very, very AM

Kelly said...

Wow! I feel so proud to be married to the winner! You guys are so funny with your formula!

Maternal Mirth said...

wow ... I always *knew* I was a winner. This just proves it.

PS~ It's time for fun! It's time to run! :)